Monday 15 February 2016

The Power of The North Sea

 
                  
                                 
                                                
           
De Kracht van de Noord Zee​
oil on canvas - 20 x 60 cm - (8" x 23") 
painted on location - Thurs. 11 Feb 2016
SOLD


Above you have a painting I made last week, on a very cold, yet sunny day. The wind factor was comfortable for me to set up in the open air, as you can see in the thumbnail picture below. I had the challenge before me of capturing the ever changing light effect on the sea. Often passers by made the comment to me, "I don't see no green water". In Dutch of course. And my reply would be, stick around for a while and when the Sun light gets blocked by a passing cloud, then you will see it! I'm sure most of you are familiar with this colouration of the Sea. Especially on a cold winters day. A sailboat on the horizon and three seagulls closer by, help in defining the perspective.

2 comments:

Kendall Kessler said...

Lovely work!

alberto valentini said...

thanks for the comment Kendall Kessler...